Looking to do something special this Valentine’s Day in Portland? (Yes!! It’s just around the corner, and will be here before you know it!) To help you plan the perfect Valentine’s Day, here are a few deliciously romantic ideas for all you loving’ Portlandians out there. Let’s start with one of my new personal favorites…
Flowers? So expected. Box of chocolates? Puh-lease. Nothing warms the tummy and the heart during the chilly winter months like the gift of pie. For Valentine’s Day, Pacific Pie is offering pie coupons that allow you to give the gift of pie your way, any day. Select one (or several) of eight beautiful and creative pie coupons. each equivalent to a slice of pie ($4.50), and let your sweetie-pie redeem them when the craving strikes.
February’s featured flavors at Pacific Pie include Chocolate Raspberry Ganache, Chocolate Cream, Chocolate Truffle Tarts with Candied Orange. You can find Pacific Pie on both sides of the river:
1520 SE 7th Ave., Portland, OR 97214
– or –
1668 NW 23rd Ave., Portland OR 97210
To purchase your Valen-Pie Coupons, visit either Pacific Pie location or simply call in your order over the phone. Pie operators are standing by.
TODAY ONLY – January 23rd is National Pie Day! Visit Pacific Pie Co and receive $1 off any sweet pie slice!! (Be sure to tell them Mama sent you!)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Maybe you’re thinking of something a bit more posh…. and sexy? (As if pie isn’t sexy enough!) Then this Valentine’s Day Aphrodisiac Dinner may be just what your hoping for:
Cocotte is on a mission to make your Valentines Day an amorous one. Chef/owner Kat LeSueur will be creating a sumptuous, 6-course meal around the best aphrodisiacs the culinary world has to offer: Mussels, oysters, lamb, chocolate, chilies and avocado will all make appearances on the 6-course tasting menu.
Friday, February 14th or Saturday, February 15th
Six courses – $75
Reservations (strongly advised): (503) 227-2669
2930 Northeast Killingsworth St.
Portland, OR 97211
Dinner served 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Or perhaps you’re in the mood for just plain fabulous:
Sidestep the downtown crowds and sneak away to your favorite neighborhood New Orleans Bistro for a candle-lit, soul-satisfying Valentine’s meal prepared by chef/owner Adam Higgs. He will prepare a wonderful five-course feast with plenty of options from which to choose. Select the prix fixe option for $75 per person, or order a la carte off the same menu. Reserve now – this menu will be available on Valentine’s Day only!
- Caramelized yam bisque with toasted pumpkin seeds and brown butter
First Course (Select 1):
- Foie gras and gingercake terrine for two with pickled plum-pecan jam
- Willapa Bay oysters vinaigrette with rainbow radish, pomelo supremes, chile
- Butternut squash hushpuppies with Creole mustard-orange marmalade
- Chicken fried pork belly confit with cracked corn salad, cane syrup gastrique
- Louisiana BBQ Shrimp lemon, black pepper, butter and toasts sour cream and micro herbs
Second Course (Select 1):
- Acadia’s black roux gumbo with house andouille, smoked chicken, blue crab and okra
- Kobucha squash and pear salad with chicories, escarole, gingersnap cookies,
- Portland Creamery chevre and black pepper-molasses vinaigrette
- Gulf shrimp bisque with watercress and shrimp toast
Entrée (Select 1):
- Lobster Acadian with shrimp & crawfish dressing, smoked tomato buerre blanc
- Blackened Louisiana drumfish with blue crab ceviche, sauce Meunière and lemon-celery root salad and crispy plantains
- Gulf shrimp creole en croute
- Smoked Carlton Farms pork loin with stewed Viridian farms Anguiano beans
- Filet of NY striploin with tasso ham Bordelaise sauce, OR white truffle butter,
- Goat cheese gnocchi with sherry, arugula, pecans, hedgehog mushrooms and pickled pepper mignonette and pommes puree apples
Dessert (Select 1):
- Banana split for two with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream, chocolate brownie, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, pecans and whipped cream
- Flourless chocolate torte with chocolate whipped cream and Nutella chocolate sauce
- Vanilla custard bread pudding with whiskey sauce and pecans
(Acadia, you had me at Black Roux Gumbo.)
Acadia’s dinner service commences at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14th. Call (503) 249-5001 to reserve seats. Regular dinner menu available on Saturday, closed on Sunday. Acadia Bistro is located at 1303 NE Fremont St., Portland, OR.
Not lucky enough to live in the greatest city in the world? Not to worry – restaurants everywhere offer awesome, budget-loving specials for Valentine’s Day – be sure to check out what your town has to offer.
Information provided by Heather Jones Consulting, Portland.