We all have a few “Go-to” meals that we pull out in a pinch, and here’s one of our favorites – a cool bowl of farm fresh awesome with a little pasta thrown in.
10-Minute Dinner: Summer Salad
- 4 cups of cold pasta (I had leftover Rotini. If you don’t have leftovers, this may take you 20 minutes – just cook your pasta, chill it fast in an ice-water bath and drain.)
- 2 cups of summer veggies, sliced or chopped into your favorite sizes (I used: grape tomatoes, red onion, red pepper)
- 1 can beans, drained and rinsed, or the equivalent prepared (I used black beans here. Small red beans work well too.)
- 3/4 cup sweet corn (more or less – that’s what I had)
- A little chopped fresh basil, cilantro, mint or whatever tickles your fancy
- Cilantro-Lime Dressing – 1 batch
Toss everything together and chill. Or eat it right away – it’s your call.
Serves 8 (at least)
What’s your favorite addition to a pasta salad?